Valentine’s Day is a big deal around here, and we know it is for many of you, too! Anytime we get to celebrate love, we’re all in!
Around this time of year teachers and students are buzzing about getting ready for their annual Valentine’s Day school party.
I want to make sure your kiddo is the talk of the party with these fun Valentine’s Day Ladybug Oreos. I highly doubt anyone else will have anything like them :-).
Another fun way to make Valentine’s Day special for kids is by getting in the kitchen and whipping up a delicious treat together.
So while you’re prepping for the party, be sure to get the kids involved in the Valentine cookie making process.
Spend some time together and make it fun.
After all, Valentine’s Day is also about how parents can make their kids feel special, too.
These Ladybug Oreos are the perfect Valentine’s day snack to pass out in class, at home to siblings, or from parents to kids.
Just have fun making them!
RELATED: VALENTINE RICE KRISPIE TREATS
Valentine’s Day Ladybug Oreo Treats
- 1 package of Double Stuff Oreos
- 1 Bag of dark chocolate melting wafers
- 1 Bag of red candy melts
- Parchment paper
- Cookie sheet
- Double boiler
- 1 Package of small edible eyes
- Mini pink heart candies
- Piping bag
- Place water into bottom of double boiler pot. Once boiling, put top pot on top.
- Pour red candy melts into the top pot and mix until melted and blended.
- Mix in 2 tablespoons of coconut oil until smooth.
- Next, completely submerge Oreo into the melted red candy.
- Using a fork, carefully remove Oreos and lightly tap to get rid of excess candy melt.
- Let red candy melt harden for 1 hour.
- While the red candy melt is hardening, melt the milk chocolate in the double boiler.
- Dip the tip of the Oreo into the chocolate for the face of the ladybug.
- Repeat with remaining Oreos.
- Place two eyes onto the center of the chocolate for the eyes of the ladybug.
- Scoop melted chocolate into the piping bag and cut the tip.
- Pipe a line down the center of the cookie and alternate big and small dots on either side as spots for the ladybug.
- Place pink mini hearts onto the small dots.
- Let the ladybugs dry completely before eating.
Makes 24 Oreos
Enjoy your Valentine’s Day Ladybug Oreo treats!
PIN TO YOUR FAVORITE VALENTINE’S DAY BOARD FOR EASY REFERENCE!