As the weather gets hotter, kids will be looking for something to help keep them cool this summer and we’ve got just the thing! They’ll love these Under the Sea frozen ice pops! They’re fun, delicious and super easy to make.
Remember being a kid and getting out of school for the summer? Remember riding bikes with your friends, playing tag and eating Popsicles? Oh, the wonderful summer memories of childhood. We believe in creating childhood memories and this is the perfect recipe to make memories of your own with your kiddos. When school is out, take an afternoon to whip up a batch of these frozen treats together. When they are frozen, go for a stroll while you enjoy eating them. You could also invite friends over to help you eat them. Enjoy them however you want!
If you have little tikes at home, try making an underwater themed activity together. Cut out some fish from construction paper, place paper clips on the ends and go fishing with a magnet connected to the end of string on a stick. Eat fish crackers, read books about creatures that live in the sea, and watch a show about life underwater. Top it off by making these yummy Under the Sea Frozen Ice Pops and enjoy together.
With just a few simple ingredients, you have the perfect recipe to create a fun summer memory with your kids.
Under the Sea Frozen Ice Pops
- 1 pack of blue drink mix (Blue Raspberry Lemonade Kool-Aid was used in this recipe but you can also use light blue Gatorade)
- 1 cup of sugar
- 2 quarts of water
- 1-2 large boxes of Swedish Fish
- Ice pop mold (we used these ice pop molds but these fish shaped molds would be fun, too!)
- Mix the drink mix according to directions on package.
- Place 2-3 Swedish Fish into each mold.
- Pour the drink mix over the Swedish Fish, filling each ice pop mold.
- Place the tops on the ice pop molds and freeze until firm, about 3-4 hours.
- Enjoy your Under the Sea Frozen Ice Pops!