Anytime we can encourage kids to read more, we do. And now that it’s Valentine’s Day we couldn’t resist incorporating reading into these fun printable classroom Valentines for kids. The best part is they are non-candy Valentines, so you don’t have to worry about food and dye allergies.
Instead of traditional Valentine cards that say who their heart belongs to, we decided this year it’s way more cool to say what their hear belongs to. And that something is BOOKS! There will be plenty of candy coming home from the Valentines party at school, so here is a fun Valentine for kids to pass out that parents won’t mind kids collecting.
These Valentine bookmarks can be from student to student, from teacher to student, or from student to teacher. It’s really appropriate for anyone.
We also encourage you to have your kids pass out an inexpensive book along with their Valentines bookmark. It’s a great way to encourage kids to read more!
Printable Valentine’s Day Bookmark
- Heavy white cardstock
- Printed Valentine bookmarks
- Laminator and laminating pouches (a great option if you want to make them extra durable)
- Inexpensive books (optional)
RELATED: DIY VALENTINE CRAYONS
Just print your Valentine bookmarks onto cardstock paper and cut them out. As an optional step, laminate them before cutting to make them durable enough for the most voracious readers. You can be finished at this step and everyone will love them. But, if you want to go that extra mile, grab some fun inexpensive books and stick them inside. You’ll totally knock this Valentines Day out of the park!
Here are a few of our favorite Valentine’s Day books that would be perfect for any kid.
1. The Night Before Valentine’s Day – Join the excitement the kids feel as they prepare for one of the funnest holidays of the year-Valentine’s Day! Written in the style of “Twas the Night Before Christmas,” this is a great addition to any classroom holiday library.
2. Valentine’s Day Jokes for Kids: A Valenitne’s Day Book for Children – Everyone loves a good joke! This is the perfect book to make Valentine’s Day not only full of love, but full of laughter, too!
3. The Story of Valentine’s Day – Even while all of the fun and partying is happening, a lesson can still be taught. Learn the history of Valentine’s Day in a kid-friendly way.
PIN THESE BOOKMARKS TO YOUR FAVORITE VALENTINE’S DAY BOARD FOR EASY REFERENCE
SUBSCRIBE TO GET YOUR VALENTINE BOOKMARKS
Subscribe to our newsletter to receive regular tips about parenting modern kids and get instant access to receive your free Valentine's Day Monster Bookmarks printable.