Today I’m sharing this super fun LEGO Rice Krispie treats recipe for all the fun-lovin’ LEGO playin’ kiddos out there.
If you cant tell by now, I LOVE Rice Krispie treats!
I don’t know who started the genius idea of making themed Rice Krispie treats, but THANK YOU!
And if you have a LEGO lover in your house, they are in for a serious treat!
In addition to providing LEGO activities for kids to do, make a batch of these rice krispies for kids who love all things LEGO.
Many, many moons ago when I was a kid, we made traditional Rice Krispies and they were every bit as delicious as you can imagine.
We’d try to get fancy and sprinkle different toppings on them every once in a while, but that’s as good as it got in our house.
Although nothing beats a plain ol’ Rice Krispie treat made from scratch, I sure wish some of the awesome ideas that I see these days had been around.
A quick Pinterest search will yield a variety fancy-pants Rice Krispie recipes for any season or holiday you need!
Related: The Ultimate List of Holiday Themed Rice Krispie Treats
So far, I’ve shared my delicious chocolate candy-coated Rice Krispies recipe for Valentine’s Day and now feast your eyes (or taste buds) on these easy LEGO Rice Krispie treats.
This is definitely a recipe the kids will not only enjoy eating, but they’ll love helping you make them!
As always, the ingredient list is short and sweet and the directions are just as easy.
Go ahead and make some of these LEGO Rice Krispie treats for a birthday party, as an after school snack, to hand out to the baseball team after a game, or anytime!
Be sure to pin this recipe to your favorite recipes board for quick reference!
LEGO Rice Krispie Treats Recipe
- 6 c Rice Krispie cereal
- 10 oz bag of mini marshmallows
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 9×9 baking dish
- wax paper
- large deep sauce pan
- non-stick spray
- 3 egg whites
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
- 3 C powdered sugar
- blue, red, green M&M’s
- 3 bowls
- 1 baking sheet
Rice Krispie Treats Directions:
- Tear off a piece of wax paper long enough to hang over the edges of the pan (so that it will be easy to lift the Rice Krispies out of the pan later) and spray the pan with non-stick spray.
- In the sauce pan, over medium heat, melt the butter, pour in the marshmallows and mix them together until melted.
- Next, combine the cereal with the melted butter and marshmallows and mix until combined.
- Scoop the mixture into the pan.
- Tear off another sheet of wax paper and use it to firmly press down on the Rice Krispie treats so that they are as level as possible.
- Set the pan aside.
- Use a mixer to combine all ingredients except the colors and M&M’s.
- Mix on medium speed until your icing is a bright white, then add in 1/2 C of powdered sugar if the icing looks like yellow soup.
- Once you have your icing, split it into three bowls and choose a color to add to each bowl.
- Cut the large Rice Krispie square that was set aside into smaller rectangles and dip each rectangle into the icing of choice.
- Finally, set them on the baking sheet and add six M&M’s to each Rice Krispie rectangle in it’s respective color.
- Let your LEGO Rice Krispies sit out for 1 hour and enjoy!