Lego season is year-round in our house. Sure we love them for birthdays and Christmas time, but honestly, we don’t need a special occasion to have Legos around.
To prove my point, I’m bringing you this delicious Lego cupcake recipe…just because! These would be so fun to have around as an after school snack for the kids. Of course if you plan on throwing a Lego birthday party for your kid, these would certainly be a great party food to have around. You could even replace the traditional Lego cake with these cupcakes for a twist!
Any way you can think of having them, these Lego cupcakes will definitely be a hit.And speaking of Lego food, have you checked out our Lego Rice Krispie Treats or our Lego Brownies? You’ll love them just as much!
*We recommend products we believe moms will love. If you use the following recommended links, we may earn a commission. Learn more
Lego Cupcakes Recipe
Makes 24 cupcakes
Make Lego Cupcakes
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Line cupcake pan with cupcake liners.
- 3In a bowl combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- 4Whisk well and set aside.
- 5In a second bowl, mix together sugar and eggs beating until well combined.
- 6Add oil, whole milk, and vanilla bean paste to another bowl and stir to mix.
- 7Add this bowl of ingredients to the second bowl with sugar and eggs, again mixing well to combine.
- 8Slowly add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients stirring just enough to blend all of the ingredients together.
- 9Using a medium ice cream scoop fill each cupcake tin 2/3rds filled. Bake at 350 degrees for 18 minutes.
- 10Remove cupcakes from the oven and allow to cool in the pan for 5 minutes.
- 11Transfer cupcakes to a wire rack allowing them to cool completely before frosting.
Make the Frosting
- 1Cream powdered sugar, vanilla and butter until mixture is light and creamy. If mixture doesn’t cream, add a few drops of heavy whipping cream until it creams.
- 2Test to see if the frosting can form and hold a stiff peak by getting a spoonful of frosting and turning the spoon upside down. If it doesn't stay on the spoon, add more powdered sugar 1/4 cup at a time and mix well.
- 3Once the frosting is ready, fill a pastry bag with a size 13 tip.
- 4Twist the open end of the pastry bag and squeeze the frosting to the tip, Start at the outer edge of each cupcake moving in a circle inward to the center of the cupcake.
- 5Top your cupcakes with your brick candy.
Love this recipe? Pin it to save for later!