The Lego fun continues with our Lego themed food ideas for parties (or anytime you’re in the mood)!
Have you seen our delicious Lego brownies recipe? Check it out here!
These Lego cookies are another way we’ve decided to celebrate our love for all things Lego.
They make a great treat for kids Lego birthday parties as a snack, or use them as going-home party favors.
Just put two in a clear bag, add a topper and you’re done!
Once you’re done setting up LEGO activities for kids and Lego party games let party guests build their awesome Lego creations.
When they’re done they’ll enjoy having these cookies to continue the fun.
*We recommend products we believe moms will love. If you use the following recommended links, we may earn a commission. Learn more
Lego Cookies Recipe
Makes 2 1/2 dozen cookies
- 3 cups of flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup of unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Cookie cutter (we like this one)
- 1 cup of powdered sugar
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 tsp cream of tarter
- 3 Piping bags with number 2 tip
- Red and green food colors (or any colors you want to make your Lego cookies)
- 3 squeeze bottles
Make the Cookies
- In a mixing bowl, cream together the softened butter and sugar until no longer grainy to the touch.
- Add egg and continue to mix.
- Add the vanilla an continue mixing.
- Sift flour, baking soda and salt together.
- Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture.
- Continue mixing until all ingredients are well blended into a dough.
- Form the dough into a ball, wrap it in cling wrap completely covering the entire dough ball.
- Put dough ball in the refrigerator for 6 hours or overnight. Check to see if the dough is firm.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Pull the cookie dough out of the refrigerator and sit it out to soften.
- Sprinkle flour on a cutting board, rub flour on a rolling pin, and if needed work flour into the batter.
- Roll the dough out on the cutting board and using the cookie cutter begin to make your cookies.
- Line the cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a metal spatula, move the cut cookies to the parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 8 minutes. Check to see if the cookies are thoroughly baked.
- Once done baking, take the cookies off the cookie sheet and put on a wire cooling rack to cool completely before adding icing.
Make the Icing
- Combine all ingredients except the colors into a mixing bowl.
- Mix on medium speed until stiff peaks form.
- Split the icing into three bowls.
- Add green color to the first bowl and red color to second bowl. Leave third bowl white.
- Scoop some of each of the icing into 3 individual piping bags.
- Add 2 tablespoons of water to the white and red icing bowls.
- Once those colors are thinned, add the icing into the 2 squeeze bottles.
Decorate the cookies
- Outline the first square cookie in white, green or red icing.
- Fill in the cookie with the matching thinned color.
- Repeat process with remaining cookies.
- Let dry for 1 hour before adding the dots.
- Once cookies are dry, add 6 dots using the matching color piping bag to your cookie.
- You can add less or more dots to your cookie depending on the size of your cookie.
- Let dry for 2-3 hours.
Love this recipe? Pin it to save for later!
Need gift ideas for a Lego birthday party? Check out our fun guides to the best Lego sets for girls and the best Legos for boys.