Dressing up for Halloween is fun, but the Halloween treats are just as important! Kids look forward to filling their goody bags with loads of delicious candy treats and indulging on it all. In order to make this Halloween a hit for all the neighborhood trick-or-treaters, whip up a batch of this scary good Hocus Pocus Halloween popcorn and fill treat bags to pass out.
This bewitching Halloween popcorn is colorful and perfect to add to any party table, pass out to trick-or-treaters, or send to school with the kids for their Halloween party.It takes a few ingredients and lots of self-control not to eat it all by yourself!
Hocus Pocus Halloween Popcorn Recipe
As usual I like to round up the kiddos to make any fun recipe and then gather the ingredients. For this popcorn recipe you’ll need:
*We recommend products we believe moms will love. If you use the following recommended links, we may earn a commission. Learn more
Note: Candy oil flavoring isn’t available at every grocery store. You can get a full set here.
To make Hocus Pocus Halloween popcorn, you’ll need to pop the popcorn ahead of time. Set it to the side while you prepare the other ingredients, one color at a time.
- 1In medium saucepan over medium heat, add your butter first and melt.
- 2Stir in the sugar, corn syrup, food coloring, and salt and bring to a boil, while continuously stirring.
- 3Once at a boil allow to cook without stirring for two minutes.
- 4Next, add your candy flavoring and stir to combine.
- 5Remove from heat and set to the side.
- 6Add your popcorn to a sealable bowl, about 4 cups of popped popcorn for each color and pour the candy coating on the popcorn then seal with the lid.
- 7Shake the popcorn around in the bowl to evenly coat.
- 8Pour your popcorn on a parchment paper covered baking sheet and let it cool for five minutes.
- 9Repeat steps for each color.
- 10Add all the colors together in a big bowl and toss to combine.
Pin this recipe to your Halloween Pinterest board to save for later.
Everyone who wants a little Hocus Pocus magic this Halloween will love trying this fun Halloween popcorn treat!