The Elf on the Shelf is a beloved tradition celebrated by many families. Kids get a kick out of “discovering” what their elf has been up to the previous night and parents have just as much fun (if not more!) coming up with fun ideas for the elf.
If you do a quick online search, you’ll find tons of cute, funny, and over-the-top Elf on the Shelf ideas you can use for this Christmas season. And if you are short on time, you can even order a ready-made elf kit. We wanted to join the fun, so along with all the other cool elf ideas out there, we’re sharing a really fun Elf Snack Munch recipe.
This recipe would be great to take to holiday parties when you need a quick, no-fuss dish to take. It will also go over well for the kids’ Christmas party at school.
Our Elf munch uses very easy ingredients and is super simple to make. So when the kids mention the class Christmas party the night before and you have to think of a quick dish for them to take, we’ve got you covered!
Elf Snack Munch
For this yummy Elf Snack Munch you’ll need:
- 10 cups of kettle corn
- 6 cups of mini marshmallos
- 6 tablespoons of butter
- 1 cup of red and green M&Ms
- 1 box of whopper chocolates
- 3 drops of green food coloring
- Cookie sheet fitted with parchment paper
- In a large pot melt the butter.
- Add the marshmallows to the melted butter and mix until they are melted.
- Add the green food coloring and mix until combined.
- Mix in the popcorn and stir until coated.
- Pour mixture onto the cookie sheet and sprinkle with M&Ms and whoppers.
- Let sit for 10 minutes and enjoy!
This will make a great snack while you hide your elf. Or get even more creative and let your elf do the munching!
Follow our Christmas board here for more fun Christmas recipes!
More Elf Fun: