When I think of Easter, bunnies automatically come to mind. Visions of Easter egg hunts when I was a kid and the infamous Easter picture with the cute bunny bring feelings of nostalgia to this mama. Since I love Easter bunnies so much, I have a fun Easter bunny brownie recipe to share!
If you’re having an Easter party or you are hosting the neighborhood egg hunt, these bunny brownies are the perfect treat to serve. They also make the perfect gift for your little one’s Easter basket.
They are easy to make with the kiddos if you can get your hands on an Easter bunny cookie cutter (like this one). Follow our simple directions and delight everyone with these adorable Easter Bunny brownies this year. Of course it doesn’t hurt that they’re chocolate!
Easter Bunny Brownies Recipe
- 1 box of brownie mix and associated ingredients
- 1 package of large edible eyes
- 3 egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon of cream of tarter
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 3-4 cups of powdered sugar
- brown gel food coloring
- pink gel food coloring
- 2 piping bags with #2 tips
- 1 squeeze bottle
- cookie sheet fitted with parchment paper
- 9×13 baking dish fitted with parchment paper
- 1 bunny cookie cutter (approximately 4 inches in height)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Prepare brownie mix according to directions on box
- Cover baking dish with parchment paper so paper comes up over the sides.
- Pour brownie batter into the baking dish and bake for 25-30 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Let brownies cool completely.
- Using a stand mixer, mix together egg whites, cream of tarter, vanilla, and powdered sugar until peaks form in the mixture.
- Once icing is made, split into two bowls.
- Add a few drops of brown gel food coloring into 1 bowl and mix. Add more drops until you’ve reached desired shade.
- Repeat previous step with pink gel food coloring in the second bowl.
- Scoop a little icing into the piping bags.
- Add 2 teaspoons of water into the brown royal icing mix until combined.
- Pour into the squeeze bottle.
- Carefully lift the parchment paper out of the baking dish with the brownies and place onto the counter.
- Using the cookie cutter, cut out 6 bunnies.
- Place cut out bunnies on a cookie sheet.
- Using the piping bag with the brown icing, out line the shape of the bunnies head.
- Fill in with the brown thinned icing.
- Add 2 large eyes into the center of the bunny.
- Let icing dry for 2 hours before adding the final details.
- Once the base layer is dry, using the pink piping bag, pipe an upside down triangle under the eyes.
- Pipe the pink for the ears.
- Using the brown icing, pipe cheeks on the bunny.
- Let the cheeks dry for an hour before adding on the small dots for the whiskers.
- Be sure to let the bunnies dry completely for an hour.
Makes 6 bunnies
Can you imagine the excitement when the kids see these fun Easter bunny brownie faces? Enjoy!
Be sure to pin this recipe to your favorite Easter board for easy reference when it’s time to whip up a batch of these treats this Easter.