As the weather gets colder, it’s time to pull out the comfy sweaters, fuzzy socks and of course the hot chocolate.
Nothing says, “Hello winter,” like a nice steaming cup of hot chocolate.
I personally love hot chocolate in just about any flavor or variety-mint, chocolate chip, caramel flavored-you name it!
But today I have a unique flavor that I’m sure you’re going to love. Today’s hot chocolate recipe is cinnamon gingerbread.
*We recommend products we believe moms will love. If you use the following recommended links, we may earn a commission. Learn more
Seriously, for the holiday season, gingerbread is the way to go. It’s festive and delicious and kids definitely love it.
Hot Chocolate Recipe
Only a few ingredients and a few steps and you and the kids will have a warm, comforting, delicious hot chocolate drink for the season.
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate milk
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon cardamom
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon clove
- 1/2 teaspoon molasses
- whipped topping
- Heat hot chocolate in microwave or sauce pan until desired temperature.
- Add a half teaspoon of allspice, cardamom, cinnamon and clove spices to a mug.
- Add molasses.
- Pour hot chocolate over the spices and molasses in the mug.
- Add whipped topping to the hot chocolate and sprinkle the rest of the spices over the whipped topping.
Set aside an evening to make this cinnamon gingerbread hot chocolate from scratch and decorate some gingerbread men, too. Or gather the family together and make a gingerbread house.