You guys, we just can’t stop with the cute themed valentines cookies. Today it’s all about the bumblebee. Can you think of a more fitting theme for a valentine? Hello “bee mine” and “will you bee my Valentine?”
Since our ladybug Valentine’s Day cookies were such a hit we thought we’d bring you another cute bug valentine cookie that any kid would enjoy getting. They are perfect for the Valentine’s Day class party or as a fun activity to do with the kids on Valentine’s Day. You could even surprise them after school with these fun cookies to add a little extra love to their Valentine’s Day.
They’re really easy and fun to make and we’re sure adults and kids alike will get a kick out of making them.
BumbleBEE Mine Valentine’s Day Cookie Recipe
- 1 package of Double Stuffed Oreos
- 1 bag of yellow candy melts
- 2 tbsp of coconut oil
- 1 tube of black cookie icing
- 1 container of small edible eyes
- 1 container of confetti hearts
- 1 cup of milk chocolate melting wafers
- 1 cookie sheet fitted with parchment paper
*Makes 18 BumbleBEE Mine Oreo Cookies
- Completely melt yellow candy melts in a double broiler.
- Add in coconut oil and mix until until smooth.
- Carefully place the Oreo into the candy melt mixture.
- Using a fork, flip the Oreo over until it is fully coated.
- Carefully lift the Oreo and lightly tap the edge of the pot to remove excess candy melt.
- Place Oreo on the cookie sheet.
- Repeat above steps with remaining Oreos.
- Place aside and let yellow candy melt mixture completely cool and harden on Oreos.
- Next, place chocolate melting wafers into the double boiler.
- Once melted, carefully dip the tip of the Oreo into the chocolate and lightly shake off excess.
- Place two eyes in the center of the milk chocolate.
- Using the black cookie icing, pipe three lines on the Oreo for the lines of the bee.
- Place a red confetti heart on the end of the bee as his stinger.
- Let cookie set for 30 minutes and enjoy!
If you’re looking for a non-mushy valentine that can be given to any kid check out our monster valentine bookmarks.