Now that Easter is right around the corner, we’ll start seeing baby chicks everywhere. They’re a go-to favorite for the Easter holiday. Whether you’re filling your Easter basket with them, buying peeps in different colors, or creating a recipe like ours they are just too cute to resist.
We love giving you special holiday recipes we think kids will enjoy. For a fun treat this Easter here is an adorable baby chick cookie recipe made with yummy ingredients everyone will love. It uses easy ingredients and it is something you can make with the kids.
They’ll be the perfect treat to pass out after a fun Easter egg hunt!
*We recommend products we believe moms will love. If you use the following recommended links, we may earn a commission. Learn more
Baby chick Easter cookies recipe
- 1 package of Nutter Butter cookies
- 1 bag of yellow candy melts
- 1 bag of white candy melts
- coconut oil
- small edible eyes
- 1 bag of M&Ms (orange M&Ms separated)
- 2 piping bags
- 1 cookie sheet, fitted with parchment paper
Makes 12 chicks
- Melt yellow candy melts in a double boiler.
- Once melted, add 2-4 tablespoons of coconut oil to thing the chocolate.
- Dip cookie into melted candy.
- Use a fork to flip the cookie over until completely coated.
- Pick up the coated cookie and tap to remove excess chocolate.
- Place the coated cookie onto a baking sheet.
- Repeat steps with 11 more Nutter Butter cookies.
- Let chocolate harden.
- While the yellow is hardening, scoop the rest of the yellow chocolate into a piping bag and clean out the pot.
- Melt the while candy melt.
- Repeat step with coconut oil.
- Scoop some of the white chocolate into a piping bag and cut off tip of bag.
- Pipe on the lines for the cracked egg on the top and bottom of the Nutter Butter.
- Fill in the white lines.
- Add a small dollop of white chocolate into the back of the eyes.
- Place eyes on the yellow part of the cookie.
- Dip the orange M&M into the melted yellow chocolate and place in the middle below the eyes.
- Don’t forget to let the chocolate completely harden before eating!
PIN THIS RECIPE TO YOUR FAVORITE EASTER BOARD!